"Who pays when you ask a feminist out?"
"Who asks a feminist out?"
We have all read such statements and often laughed till our stomach hurts. Being a feminist,I find it hard to digest that such "jokes" are meant to entertain. For me,they are a produce of a pervert who just cannot handle an equal stature with a woman. Honestly,they donot deserve an equal stature with a woman.
Feminism doesn't imply that a woman is superior over man. It simply means that a woman is equal to man. Ofcourse,no one should be respected for his/her gender but no one should be disgusted/insulted for it.Before being a woman,she is a human,like all men,so, whats the hullabo about?
Feminism is a human quality and not some word in an urban dictionary. Its disgusting to think that even today,a woman's vote is considered half as good as a man's in some countries.
Made up of flesh and bones herself,her decisions are often questioned,as if having a pair of testis gives you extra brain.
A woman doesn't need a man. It's the man who often needs a woman. She doesn't need someone to remind her who she is. She is an epitome of beauty and intelligence and a proud creation of God.
In what words shall I praise you woman
What shall I say about you?
It's hard to bind you to words
Its hard to tell you too....
"Who asks a feminist out?"
We have all read such statements and often laughed till our stomach hurts. Being a feminist,I find it hard to digest that such "jokes" are meant to entertain. For me,they are a produce of a pervert who just cannot handle an equal stature with a woman. Honestly,they donot deserve an equal stature with a woman.
Feminism doesn't imply that a woman is superior over man. It simply means that a woman is equal to man. Ofcourse,no one should be respected for his/her gender but no one should be disgusted/insulted for it.Before being a woman,she is a human,like all men,so, whats the hullabo about?
Feminism is a human quality and not some word in an urban dictionary. Its disgusting to think that even today,a woman's vote is considered half as good as a man's in some countries.
Made up of flesh and bones herself,her decisions are often questioned,as if having a pair of testis gives you extra brain.
A woman doesn't need a man. It's the man who often needs a woman. She doesn't need someone to remind her who she is. She is an epitome of beauty and intelligence and a proud creation of God.
In what words shall I praise you woman
What shall I say about you?
It's hard to bind you to words
Its hard to tell you too....

A worth reading blog. Good collection of words. Keep writing & all the best....:)
ReplyDeleteGood...wishes with you
ReplyDeleteGood...wishes with you
ReplyDeleteTotally agree
ReplyDeleteGood one
ReplyDeleteYou know I sometimes feel ashamed of my gender(male) fellows when they criticize women on their intelligence and their decision making abilities. No human being is perfect it's not at all about gender that you lack something it's about being human not being perfect. Women have always been equal to men it's just the male empowering society that always suppressed women in many portions of life. Who are we to say that women are becoming equal to us they have always been.
ReplyDelete@click1sachin - instagram
At one place you say, feminism implies gender equality and then you say "A woman doesn't need a man. It's the man who often needs a woman.", which doesn't sound pretty obvious why. I think men and women need each other, talking in the context of genders.
ReplyDeleteApart from that try to give a space after comma and full stops. If adds to the aesthetic. ☺
Just saying, don't feel myself worth of doing a critical appreciation. Like your blog.
Hi Piyush I wrote that because I feel woman needs to realise that they don't need a man as they are told every now and then , It is a man who needs a woman right after his birth and after that.Not trying to undermine a man. I gave equal space after a period but not before it .Will do that in my other posts. Criticism is always welcome
ReplyDeleteman is a man when he respects a woman. There are always two sides of everthing. likewise widout man there is no identity of man and viceversa. Humanity and equality shud be d new faces of coming era
ReplyDeleteHey that's a very interesting piece of work. You have managed to simplify the meaning of feminism. Well done keep writing
ReplyDeleteTotally agree! I think the biggest hurdle for gender equality is generation gap..Time is changing too fast but it takes times human psychology to cope up with it (especially when something is prolonged since ages). But I can see the change people are speaking about it, people are supporting it.. But such things can't be changed overnight. But if we compare today's time with the one our grand parents use to live, we could see the difference. Things are changing & with the changing world our country is too moving towards the gender equality, it will take time but I could see it happening in upcoming years,after all mentality of 125+ crore people can't be changed overnight. :)
ReplyDelete